Translate

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Voices Do Not Fall On Deaf Ears

So a while back I signed a petition regarding that comprehensive immigration reform should include a measure to allow Americans to sponsor same-sex partners for immigration purposes. If you have been following my blog for any amount of time, you know that my partner is from Sweden, so this issue really strikes home for me. When I signed the petition, I, like many others do, simply felt I was a name among many that would get lost among the lists. I was quite shocked to receive an email from Senator Dianne Feinstein! Now I know it is simply a form letter, but none the less, I appreciate the effort that I received any kind of response at all. Unfortunately, The news was not great and the letter explained how the same sex sponsorship was shot down by the republicans threats of not passing the reform bill if it was included, but I am happy that it is an issue that is being taken seriously by my Senator. So when you see the requests to sign a petition an you think, "what will my say really do", unless you use your voice, of course, no one can hear. Love to all.

Burly Bear Chris

No comments: