Translate

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

A Sea of Red

Looking at my social media sites today, I can't begin to describe the awesome feeling I get seeing all those who changed their profile pictures to red today. If you have ever been to Gay Days at Disneyland and walked in seeing all the people in their red shirts, it is much the same feeling. Its a feeling of community. A feeling of support. A feeling of knowing you are not alone. I know change is scary. I know change takes time. All I ask is that we be open to change. And by the looks of my Facebook wall, so many of you all are. I have had a few people actually send me messages asking me what all the red was about. I explained to them what was happening at the Supreme Court and why it was so important. A few proceeded to change theirs too. Equality is not just a gay issue. Equality is a human issue. The purpose of the icon changes is not only to show support, but to open dialog and educate. So instead of asking for comments today, I ask you all to show your support and go red! Love to all.

Burly Bear Chris

No comments: