Translate

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Another Tale From The Front Desk

This tale happens more often then not. It amazes me each time, but I thought you would like to hear about the first time it ever happened to me. I was working in the office behind the front desk when I heard a mans voice from up front call to the back. "Uhm..Hello?" So I holler back, "Be right there!" As I walk up the the front, I see a gentleman there without a shirt on. The front desk is about chest height, so I only see from the pecs up. It is actually common for guys to come to the desk without a shirt. Sometimes they are stopping by to check for mail on the way back from the pool, or came to the desk for a paper and only put pants on. For these reasons, I was no fazed by the guy with no shirt. He then tells me, "Uh, I locked myself out and I need a spare key." Out of shear habit, it is customary to ask for identification before giving out a key, so I say, "Sure, no problem, I just need to see your ID first." He then states, "I don't have it with me." As I start to explain that we need ID to give out spare keys, there is a scream from the kitchen, I turn to look and there is a female guest, pointing at the man in shock! That is when the gentleman explains, "I was putting trash outside my door without getting dressed and the door shut behind me." I don't know who was embarrassed more. I quickly gave him a spare key and a newspaper to cover up with as we had no towels at the desk. But like I said before, this was not the only time this happened to me. And as I got older and wiser, I now know there are exhibitionists that actually will do this on purpose. Had I known then, I might have had a bit more fun at the guys expense. Hope you got a chuckle. Love to all.

Burly Bear Chris

No comments: