Translate

Monday, March 18, 2013

Grandma's Recipes

Not too long ago, I shared with you all my grandmother's recipe for Butterscotch Icebox Cookies. My grandmother was an excellent cook. When my mother was just a very little girl, grandma operated a bus stop diner in Indiana called Peggy's Diner. She never lost that mid-western, meat and potatoes style cooking and those are my favorite recipes that have been passed unto me. I was going through the recipe box and thought "why not share more of these?" so, I am. The first one I will share shows grandma, although she rarely smiled, had a good sense of humor.
Elephant Stew
Ingredients: 
1 Elephant
1 Barrel of Brown Gravy
2 Rabbits (Optional)
Salt and Pepper to taste
Prep:
Clean and cut up elephant into bite size pieces. This should take about 2 months.
Coat with brown gravy and cook over a kerosene fire for about 4 weeks at 465 degrees
This will serve 3,800 people. If more are expected, add the 2 rabbits, but only do this if necessary, as most people dot NOT like to find hare in their stew.

Hope you enjoyed and feel free to pass along. Love to all.

Burly Bear Chris

No comments: