Translate

Monday, December 24, 2012

Another Tale From The Front Desk

I know its Christmas Eve and everyone is busy so I thought I would make today's entry a short one and bring you another Tale From The Front Desk.

One night as I was working away crunching the numbers, I get a call down to the desk. Keep in mind, I am the only one there at night. the guest asks, "Uhm, can you send Maintenance to my room please?" So I ask, "What seems to be the problem sir?" He replays, "Uhh, never mind." and quickly hangs up. I shrug off the call  and go back to work.  A short while later the phone rings again and I notice its from the same room. "Front desk." I say. "Uhh, yeah I really need maintenance." So I explain,"Well sir, I am the only one here. If you tell me what the problem is, I can tell if it is something I can fix or move you to another room." Again he says never mind and hangs up. A short while later the man calls again. "Front desk." "Uhh yes, can you have the police come?" Now I am really concerned. "Well sir, I will need to know why so I can tell them what the problem is." and a long pause, "The problem is....well....uhh... I am here with my mistress and we are handcuffed together and we can't find the key." Trying to keep a straight face I tell him I will find a solution as fast as I can. I called or Maintenance man who lived close and he came down. He tried for quite a long time to open the cuffs. The man was able to put pants on, but the poor woman could not get her dress on and was wrapped in a sheet as this burly guy tried to jimmy the lock. Finally we agreed we needed a professional and called in the police. After several minutes of laughter, they too tried and could not get them undone. By now the sun is beginning to rise, and now the fire dept is there to help. The cuffs are at last undone and the parade of people file out of the room. Needless to say, they did not check out at the desk, but high tailed it out as quick as possible.

Hope you enjoyed this fun story. Have a Merry Christmas Eve everyone. Love to all!

Burly Bear Chris

No comments: