Translate

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

The Roads Of Life

 
Imagine if your life were mapped out on a piece of paper. One long road across. Then add the roads of those around you. Some would cross briefly, a fixed point in time. Others would run along side of you. Spanning several miles. And sometimes, after running beside yours for a long time, they drift off, into a different direction. If we try to remain parallel to these roads, we lose sight of our own destination and ultimately come to a dead end. Its not easy to give up something, or someone. I know this quite well. But you have to ask yourself, "Is there truly a chance that this detour is temporary? Or do I continue on, allowing room for another road to come along side mine?" I am not just talking about partners or spouses. All relationships effect the direction we head in. I have had to make some decisions this year that were very difficult and even painful, but I had to in order for me to move forward. And even in one case, so he can move forward. Does this mean that when their roads are out of sight from mine I stop caring? No, completely the opposite. Once I love someone, they always have a permanent spot in my heart. I will always love them, and want the best for them, for us. Even if that best means that I need to step away. I have to fight the urge to go chasing their roads every day, but I know that doing so would be the wrong thing to do.I have been surprised in the past. Roads that had long parted ways have returned on their own accord many years later. And as great as that is, it would be foolish of me to expect it from each one. I should also point out, it is necessary to look at those roads around us and realize how special it is to have that time together. If we don't, the journey becomes quite lonely. So with that being said, I wish everyone a happy and safe journey along their own roads. I look forward to the days ours cross. Be it briefly or across the miles. Love to all.

Burly Bear Chris

No comments: