Translate

Monday, December 31, 2012

What The Hell Was I Thinking?

Well, it is finally here. The last day of the year. A day of looking back at the year gone by and ask ourselves, "What the hell was I thinking?" We have those moments where our judgment is clouded and we don't always make the best of decisions. Its seems silly to look back at them and ask ourselves why, but it is only through this exercise that we learn from those mistakes so we do not repeat them in the upcoming year. So what kinds of regrets will you be pondering today? A few of mine are: Not spending as much time with friends and family. I should make myself more available and accessible to them. Also I regret choosing the wrong Dr and setting back my knee recovery. I regret letting some friendships slip away and keeping a hold of ones that I shouldn't have. I regret not starting this blog sooner. And lastly, I regret not thanking those that help me enough. I am making a promise to myself to correct these decisions in the next year. Now looking back, there are a few things I did do right as well. Calling my mom whenever I got the chance. Even though she is across the country, she still is the best teacher, care giver and shoulder I can turn to. Taking a chance and putting myself out there in my blog as well as my personal life. The reception of both has been way more gracious than I could have expected. I am so glad I did not make an excuse and back out of my last date, and I am so glad he did not either. This is just a very condensed list for both, but I do not want to bore you with the small things, these are just the most important of them. What are some of your regrets? What are some of the things you are glad you did? Leave a comment explaining why. Love to all.

Burly Bear Chris

No comments: