Translate

Thursday, December 27, 2012

I Remember When....

I remember when:

  • The streetlights coming on meant it was time to go home.
  • Gas was under $1 per Gal.
  • Sundays were Grandma days, visiting her, and seeing what she was baking that time.
  • It was safe as a 10 year old to walk several blocks by myself to 7-11.
  • Telling stories at the bus stop with the other kids heading to school.
  • Looking forward to September. Not for school to start but to get the new clothes.
  • I had to have PeeChee folders.
  • Swatches were cool.
  • Thinking 30 was "old".
  • Playing baseball in the street.
  • Riding bikes without helmets.
  • Fighting over "the hump" in the back seat.
  • Gumballs were a penny.
  • Payphones were a dime.
  • Looking something up involved getting a book.
  • Black and white TVs and Rabbit Ears were options.
  • I had to be in bed by 8.
  • You could record a song from the radio onto a cassette, and no one cared.
  • I had my first crush.
  • I had my first heartbreak.
  • I had my first kiss.
  • I thought 80's fashion was so hot.
  • I had to memorize the "Tomorrow, Tomorrow, Tomorrow" speech from Macbeth.(and can still recite it)
  • Leaded gas.
These are just a few of many many things I remember. This is an open ended blog so please, feel free to add to the list. Love to all

Burly Bear Chris

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Spankings were acceptable.

Christmas partys at school were called just that and not "Season Celebrations".

Metal lunchpails.