Translate

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Is This You....

So the other night I was entertaining myself, getting to know some new people on Biggercity (a gay chub/bear social community for those that don't know it.) and was chatting with a few guys I know when I get a message from someone I don't know. The message says, "Is this you?" with a link to a photo on a webpage. So I check it out. Sure as shit, there I am sitting at a table at IHOP. The first thought through my mind was, "Holy shit, who took this?" then, "What...what web site is this?" Turns out is was a website of pictures of fat guys eating in public. I was both embarrassed and pissed off. I was telling my friend Becky (I know, I mention her a lot, but that's because she's my Grace to my Will) and she asked what I was going to do about it. At first, I was going to demand the picture to be taken down. Then I got to looking at the site. It was in no means a "bully" site or was it a satire site. It was purely someone's fetish or fantasy. And then I looked at the others who "liked" it or "reblogged" it (obviously Tumblr). Although it still embarrasses me to find out about the picture the way I did, I am not upset about it anymore. I only wish that the person who took the pic would have introduced himself to me, or even flirted a little. I now look over my shoulder everywhere in public, wondering who it could be, or someone else wanting to do the same. Hell, if he would have asked I would have even gave him better poses, haha. I am okay with the picture being up there now, but I still catch myself trying to remember that day. I even know that by the angle of the picture, it was taken at or near the podium at the entrance so it could have been anyone. If, by chance, the person who took the picture sees this, email me. I will even send you better pics to use, lol. I can not say that I have not taken pictures with my phone of someone that has caught my eye. I just never would have put them on display for the world to see like that. I guess something I have learned over the years is that beauty really is in the eye of the beholder. Although I would never consider myself worthy of such attention, I can appreciate that there are people out there that do. And to them, I say humbly, thank you. Has anyone else experienced something like this? Leave a comment or send me a message and tell me about it. Peace and love to all.

Burly Bear Chris

No comments: