Translate

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

A Brain Teaser

After a couple of deeply personal posts I thought today I would lighten things up with a little brain teaser. See if you can figure it out.

Three business men arrive late to their hotel. Upon arrival the desk clerk explains to them, "I'm sorry, but I only have 1 room left. The rate on that room is $30 if you would like to share." It is late and the three men decide it is better then trying to find other accommodations. They each pay $10, are given the key, then head off to the room. After they leave, the desk clerk decides that it wasn't fair to charge them the whole rate and decides to discount their room. He calls the Bellman to the desk and hands him $5 and tells him to take it to the men to divide equally. As he heads to the room the bellman thinks to himself, "I can't split $5 equally so I will give each of them $1 and keep $2 for myself." So he gives each of them a dollar. So each man paid $9 ($10-$1) and the bellman kept $2 ($5 - $3). 9 x 3 =27, 27 +2 =29, What happened to the 30th dollar?

Think you can figure it out? leave a message and we will see. Love to all.

Burly Bear Chris

No comments: