Translate

Monday, January 28, 2013

I Wish I Could....Bake

There are several things that I either wish I could do better or wish I could change. Rather then cram them all into one post, this week will be dedicated to wishes. The first wish is I wish I could bake like my grandmother did. She was not only a great cook, but an excellent baker. Although I did get some of her baking abilities, I did not get them all. I did get her ability to swear as she was doing it, lol. I was baking and decorating a cake today and the whole time I was thinking, "God dammit, just work like I want you too." Then would smile as I remember grandma doing the same thing. I keep trying though, as I know there is no chance of improving without doing so. I often subject my poor friends as guinea pigs in taste testing. One day I will eventually bake something that I think would have not only made grandma smile, but impressed her as well. Short and sweet today folks as I have bread in the oven. What do you wish for? Let me know in the comments. Love to all.

Burly Bear Chris

No comments: