Translate

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Another Tale From The Front Desk

As most of these tales starts, I am at the front desk working away when I get a call to the desk from a guest on the second floor. "Good evening, front desk." I answer the phone. On the other end is a woman in a panic. "There is a man on my balcony trying to look into my room!" Wanting to make sure I heard her correctly, I ask, "I'm sorry ma'am, can you repeat that please?" "There is a man on my balcony trying to look into my room! Call the police!" I calmly explain to the woman, "Ma'am, Our rooms do not have balconies, nor is there a ledge so I can assure no one is outside your window." She then pleads, "Please, call the police, there is a man outside my window!" I tell her, "I will got out there myself ma'am and check to be sure." Knowing there is no balcony, I am thinking this woman is alone in a strange place and must have woken with a fright but I will check it out anyway. So I make my way through the kitchen to the back patio area where our pool is. The property was on a hill, so the property behind us was substantially higher then where I stood. Our back patio area was about 15 feet wide then a large retaining wall. Above that was a row of trees and then an apartment complex. So I look around the pool area and see nothing. Mind you it is in the middle of the night and pretty dark. I was just about to give up and go back in when I here some movement in the trees. I look up, and lo an behold there is a man in the tree. I yell out from him to "Get  down from there!" He yells back "No!" That is when I notice the man is naked. I again yell, "Get down from there or I am calling the police." His reply, "No, I ain't finished yet!" "The hell you ain't" I holler back!" I walk back to the kitchen and call the police. I hang up with them and go back outside and the man is now near the pool putting on a pair of shorts and walks past me. I follow him as he walks around to the front of the hotel and starts to get on a bike. I grab the bike and tell him "Hold on, now I'm not finished yet" Just as the police pull up and proceed to arrest the man. To this day where I hear someone say they aren't finished yet, I think of the man in the tree. Hope you enjoyed. Love to all.

Burly Bear Chris

No comments: