Translate

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Who Is On Your Pedestal?

Have you ever sat back and wondered why society puts actors and singers on such a pedestal? Why are they so worshiped? Why do we care so much about their daily lives? When it comes right down to it, they are merely employees who are good at their job. Their jobs are to entertain, good job, but why am I supposed to care who is calling who names? Or who is dating who? Their are far more people who do their jobs well, and by far work ten times as hard, that we could not survive without them doing their craft so well. We can live without a movie. We can live without and album. We can not live without Doctors, Nurses, Teachers, Firemen, Policemen, Soldiers, Farmers, Electricians, Construction Workers, etc etc. When was the last time you asked one of them for an autograph? What about your family? When was the last time you truly told, verbally said, "Thank you and I appreciate you?" I think as a society, we have truly lost focus on the important people in our lives. We are too caught up on frivolous stories about so called celebrities while in the mean time untold heroes are risking their lives. Our society knows more about Snookie then they know about how that food they are scarfing down came from or who put it there. I think its time we have a reality bitch slap, and no, I am not talking about reality TV. I am not saying that we should not enjoy our entertainment, let me make that perfectly clear. But before I go all crazy about an actor, I would rather go all crazy for the Barista who makes my latte. So think about who is on your pedestal. Remember that those on there are meant to be those that mean the most. Love to all.

Burly Bear Chris

No comments: