Translate

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Not Seeing What Is Right In Front Of Us.

All too often I see people who are completely oblivious to the things right in front of them. I often wonder why others can not see what I see. I find myself at times fighting the urge to bop someone on the nose just to get them to focus. I think that sometimes, too, that we get used to instant gratification, that we forget that some things require a little effort, and when it comes time to put in the effort, it is all too easy to give up and look for something else. This is most prevalent in relationships. Too many people seem to expect to find someone who will fit into their life like a snug puzzle piece that they forget a relationship takes give and take on both sides to fit perfectly. More often then not, the perfect fit in right in front of their face, but they are overlooked because there is not a big flashing sign that says "Pick Me" above their head. In all honesty, I know what that is like. But I have also been completely oblivious to someone showing me interest as well. I think we need to take a step back and revisit the days when it was acceptable to take the chance and show interest in someone and say, "Would you like to go out sometime?" In our easily offended and sue happy state of mind, people are no longer comfortable with that because it could cost them a lot more then an embarrassing "no" like it used to. Now one can lose their job, be sued for sexual harassment, or worse. Maybe if their was less fear, it would be a lot easier to express that interest. I sometimes feel as if I were meant for the neanderthal life and just need a club upside the head to know who likes me and who doesn't. lol. But I also see blinders in other areas than just love. Like social media hoaxes. People are so lazy and unwilling to check facts that they blindly re-post anything shocking. How funny that these are the same people who complain of getting viruses or hacked. Show a troll how gullible you are and you open yourself up to being victimized. If you take the 30 seconds of effort, you can protect yourself. Then there are the blinders worn by those looking for work. Again, all too often I see people who seem to expect to have a job fall into their lap. They want their friends or family to do the effort of getting them hired with them. They have no sense to get out on their own and actually "look" for a job. And these too happen to be the same ones that when they do get a job, and looking for another one a few months later. Its time we look up from our phones and see reality people. If we all take just a little effort, and yes, it requires effort, things will fall into focus once again. Love to all.

Burly Bear Chris

No comments: