Translate

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Uhm, Dude, Your Wife Is A Shrew!

So have you ever wanted to take your friend by the shoulders, shake the hell out of him screaming, "What the hell were you thinking? She's a shrew!" Well, I have such a friend. She is one of those people who thinks she needs to control everything and everyone. I feel terrible for this guy. She takes every opportunity to berate him in public, chastise him online, and nag him at home. She controls who he can and can not talk to. She degrade him and his family. Threatens him physically. Abuses him emotionally. Its like he is living an episode of Jerry Springer that will never end. How do you help a friend in that situation? I know, he is an adult and he needs to stand up for himself, that is a given. But how do you encourage him to be brave enough to do it without sounding like a total jerk? I feel bad for him. He is living in a modern age "Taming Of The Shrew" but, so far, in this version, the shrew remains untamed. How would you all go about offering help to your friend? Send me suggestions as I am honestly curious. Love to all.

Burly Bear Chris

No comments: