Translate

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Top Ten Crazy Things Guests Ask A Disneyland Cast Member

The last two days posts have been kind of lite and I felt you all deserved a little more so I bring you some humor with another top ten list. I am sure some of my old Cast Mates will be able to add some that I forget, but I bring you: The Top Ten Crazy Things Guests Ask A Disneyland Cast Member.

10.  Will you watch my kids? Yes, we get asked this. For some reason people seem to think that any cast member is a paid babysitter too. The answer. No.
9.    How do we get to Epcot from here? Uhm, you take the I-10 East for 2500 miles to Orlando.
8.    Where can we find Shrek/Snoopy/Spongebob? This is Disneyland, not Animationland. Those are not Disney Characters.
7.   Why is it so busy? This is usually asked on the 4th of July. This question always amazed me as people actually would think that when they were on vacation, the rest of the vacationing world went somewhere else.
6.    Are the fireworks in the sky? Yes, as underground fireworks are not so popular.
5.    When is the 3:00 parade? Seriously. This is not only an actual question, but a daily one. Uhm 3:00.
4.    Is Walt Disney's head really frozen under the castle? The answer, No. But I would tell people "Yes and we have to place offerings in front of it each day."
3.   Why can't you do anything about the heat/rain/cold/wind/etc? As of yet, Disney does not control the weather, but I am sure it is just a matter of time.
2.    Do you work here? Its not hard to pick out a cast member. The costumes are not what one would call mainstream or contemporary. If I am standing there wearing something with Mickey all over it, a name tag and in a location where there are 10 or more people wearing the same thing, then chances are, I do.
And the craziest?
1.    Can you get me free tickets? I would get this question everyday at least a dozen times. I don't even know you so why would I do that? Will you give me free gas/food/meds er whatever it is you do? I doubt it!

Anyway, these are just a few of the daily questions we would get asked, there are thousands more I am sure, and if any want to add to the list feel free to do so. Love to all.

Burly Bear Chris

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

standing in front of the cash register- "um, can you ring me up?" Nope, this is just our pretend cash register, the real ones are in another room.
-Becky