Translate

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Random Acts Of Kindness Day

For those of you who don't know, today is Random Acts of Kindness Day. When I first of this I was skeptical as most of you may be now. I thought to myself, why would we need a special day for that, shouldn't that be everyday? Upon reflection, however, I thought what a cool day today could be. Sometimes it is only when we draw attention to something do others stand up and take notice. So by declaring a specific day to be the day of random acts of kindness, people will become aware of the acts of kindness being done around them. They may even decide to participate. Then go on and vow to do more through out the year as well. So now I can see why we have a special day for it, but the big question is, what will I do to take part? Of course if I plan it, it won't be so random, so I will just have to wait and see what opportunities arise. I have often been accused of being rather random at times, so this should be no problem. Some ideas for those who are trying to come up with some are: If you go to the store, let someone in front of you in line or offer to help load their bags. If at the gas station, offer to pump their gas or buy a gallon for someone. Pick some wild flowers and give them to random people as you walk past them. Give a compliment to a complete stranger. You see, Random Acts of Kindness goes by another name many people forget. Its called Common Courtesy. What things will you (or have you if you read this late) do? Comment below. Love to all.

Burly Bear Chris

PS Some have said that they could not post on my blog. It seems you have to preview your comments and post from the preview. If you still have problems, let me know.

No comments: