Translate

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Persistence Pays Off

Some of you already know this, but for those that don't, I have been battling a very long, very frustrating battle for the last 4 years. Back in 2006 I severely damaged my right knee. I continued to work and use it up until 2009 when the pain became unbearable. I filed for disability. For 4 years I kept hearing the word "no". Finally today, in court, I finally got the word "yes".  So many times I just felt like giving up. Like no one understood and could not ever understand what I was and am going through. Hearing the medical expert give his testimony today and validating everything I have suffered through, I finally felt better than a number. I was an actual human, not a drain on the system. I was warned before going in that the Judge was a tough one. Only approving 29% of her cases. A source of worry going in. But coming out with her approval in the end, and being one of the 29%, I feel extra validated. I admit, I broke down. But being persistent and not giving up. Even when everyone told me to. That is what got me to this point. No matter what it is you are trying to do, if you want it. If you need it. Fight for it. Love to all.

Burly Bear Chris

No comments: